Tim David: Timothy Hays David is the first Singaporean cricketer to play in the Indian Premier League. The IPL isn’t the first league match for Time David. Yes, the Singaporean cricketer played for the Australian, England, and Pakistani cricket teams.
Tim David is a dual citizen, holding both Australian and Singapore citizenship. David, who stands 6′ 5 inches tall, currently plays international cricket for Singapore.
Tim David Biography
|Full Name||Timothy Hays David|
|Nick Name||Tim David|
|Date of Birth||16-Mar-96|
|Family||Father – Rod David|
|Mother – N/A|
|Siblings – N/A|
|Girlfriend Name||Stephanie Kershaw|
|Batting Style||Right Handed Bat|
|Bowling Style||Right-arm medium|
|Teams Played||Western Australia XI, Perth Scorchers, Singapore, Hobart Hurricanes, Lahore Qalandars, Surrey, Saint Lucia Kings, Southern Brave, Royal Challengers Bangalore|
|Domestic Debut||List A – Qatar vs Singapore at Kuala Lumpur – September 17, 2019|
|T20 – Sixers vs Scorchers at Perth – January 01, 2018|
|International Debut||T20I – Singapore vs Qatar at Singapore – July 22, 2019|
|ODI – N/A|
|Test – N/A|
|Franchise Cricket||BBL – Perth Scorchers vs Sydney Sixers on January 1, 2018|
|PSL – Lahore Qalandars vs Peshawar Zalmi on May 2021|
|IPL – Delhi Capitals vs Mumbai Indians on March 27, 2022|
Tim David Family
- Timothy Hays David was conceived in Singapore on 16th March 1996.
- Rod David, his father is also an Ex Singapore international. He represented Singapore in the 1997 ICC World Cup qualifier. This tournament was won by Bangladesh.
- His family moved from Australia to Singapore in the 1990s, where his father was an engineer.
- He was just two years old when his parents moved to Australia in the aftermath of the 1997 Asian financial crisis. He grew up in Perth.
- Tim David is currently seeing Stephanie Kershaw, a field hockey player for the Australian team.
Tim David Career
Although Tim David was less often selected for the national team’s cricket league matches, he is still a very active player in T20 league matches. Tim David was the most prominent player in all of the nation’s domestic cricket league matches. Below is a glimpse at the career of this player:
- David was included in a training squad for Singapore’s cricket team in July 2019 ahead of the Regional Finals at the 2018-19 ICC T20 World Cup Asia Qualifier tournament.
- Later that month, he was selected in the Twenty20 International (T20I), Singapore squad for the Regional Finals.
- On 22 July 2019, he made his T20I debut against Qatar.
- David was selected in the Singapore squad for the 2019 Malaysia Cricket World Cup Challenge League A tournament.
- On 17 September 2019, he made his List A debut against Qatar in the Cricket World Cup Challenge League A tournament.
- With 369 runs across five matches, he was the tournament’s leading run-scorer.
- He was selected in Singapore’s squad to play in the 2019 ICC T20 World Cup Qualifier tournament.
- The International Cricket Council (ICC), named him the player to be on the Singapore team ahead of the tournament.
Tim David IPL
- Royal Challengers Bangalore signed Tim David in IPL for the second phase in 2021 in Dubai. He scored just one run against CSK.
- Mumbai Indians roped Tim David in IPL 2022 Mega auction for INR 8.25 Crores.
- Tim David was part of the MI’s inaugural league match against Delhi Capitals, where he scored 12 runs on 8 deliveries.
Tim David Records
- Tim David has not been caught in a duck in his career (14 matches).
- The 1st place in T20I for the most catches made by a player – 4 catches.
- 408 – Tim David’s record for most runs in one calendar year.
- David’s highest run total in an inning, according to his batting position.
- 281 – Tim David scored 281 runs on one ground.
- Tim David’s highest ever strike rate was 158.52
- Tim David scored seven sixes in an innings, which is his most successful inning in his career.
- He is now the 17th youngest T20I Captain.
- He holds dual Australian and Singaporean Nationalities.
- Stephanie Kershaw – Tim David’s girlfriend is a field hockey player, who plays for the Australian field hockey team.
- Rod David, David’s father is an Ex-Singapore International and represented Singapore in the 1997 ICC World Cup qualifier.