Sukhvinder Singh Sukhu Biography, Wiki | Who is Sukhvinder Sukhu Himachal Pradesh’s New Chief Minister 2022.
Five Facts About Sukhvinder Singh Sukhu, the New Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh
When he was Chief Minister, Sukhvinder Sukhu was less outspoken than Pratibha Singh. Instead, he stuck to the “high command will decide” line.
According to sources, Sukhvinder Singh Sukhu would be named chief minister of Himachal Pradesh.
We are anticipating the official announcement. Pratibha Singh’s supporters in Shimla earlier today protested when they learned she wouldn’t be the Chief Minister.
|7th Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh|
11 December 2022
|Preceded by||Jai Ram Thakur|
|MLA, Himachal Pradesh Legislative Assembly|
18 December 2017
|Preceded by||Vijay Agnihotri|
|Preceded by||Babu Ram Mandial|
|Succeeded by||Vijay Agnihotri|
|Born||27 March 1964 (age 58)|
Nadaun, Himachal Pradesh, India
|Political party||Indian National Congress|
5 Points about Sukhvinder Singh Sukhu Himachal Pradesh CM is as follows:
- Sukhvinder Singh Sukhu, a four-time member of the Hamirpur district assembly from Nadaun and a lawyer by training, rose through the ranks of the National Student Union of India, a branch of the Congress party (NSUI).
- Sukhvinder Singh Sukhu, an activist at Himachal Pradesh University in Shimla, commanded the NSUI state unit in the late 1980s despite having very different backgrounds from the former king Virbhadra Singh.
- He eventually transitioned to a full-time political career and served as the state Youth Congress president in the 2000s.
- Despite being from a different district and part of the state, he twice won Shimla’s municipal elections. In 2008, he was appointed secretary of the state unit and finally rose to the position of state unit president.
- According to reports, Kuldeep Rathore took his post as state unit chief in 2019 as a compromise against factionalism.