Rishi Sunak served as Chancellor of the Exchequer from 2020 to 2022, after previously serving as Chief Secretary to the Treasury. He has been Member of Parliament (MP) for Richmond (Yorks) since 2015.
Rishi Sunak Biography
- 1 Rishi Sunak Biography
- 2 Rishi Sunak Biography: Birth, Age, and Parents
- 3 Rishi Sunak Education
- 4 Rishi Sunak’s Business Career
- 5 Rishi Sunak’s Political Career
- 6 Rishi Sunak Wife
- 7 Here are some facts about Rishi Sunak
- 8 Rishi Sunak Mobile Number
- 9 Social Media Accounts List – Instagram Twitter of Rishi Sunak
- 10 FAQ Rishi Sunak
|Birth||12 May 1980|
|Parents||Yashvir Sunak (Father)Usha Sunak (Mother)|
|Education||Winchester College, Lincoln College, Oxford Stanford University|
|Occupation||Politician, Businessman, Former Investment Analyst|
|Net Worth||£3.1 billion|
Rishi Sunak Biography: Birth, Age, and Parents
Rishi Sunak was born on 12 May 1980 in Southampton, Hampshire, South East England to Indian parents Yashvir and Usha Sunak. In addition to his father being a general practitioner, his mother was a pharmacist who ran a local pharmacy.
Read More About- Akshata Murthy
The grandparents of Sunak emigrated to the UK from East Africa in the 1960s after being born in Punjab Province, British India. His eldest sibling is Sunak. He has a brother who is a psychologist, and a sister who is the Head of Humanitarian, Peacebuilding, UN Funds and Programmes at the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office.
The public rightly expect government to be conducted properly, competently and seriously.— Rishi Sunak (@RishiSunak) July 5, 2022
I recognise this may be my last ministerial job, but I believe these standards are worth fighting for and that is why I am resigning.
My letter to the Prime Minister below. pic.twitter.com/vZ1APB1ik1
Rishi Sunak Education
An alumnus of Winchester College, Lincoln College, Oxford University, and Stanford University, he holds a Ph.D. from Stanford University. Sunak worked at a Southampton curry house during his summer holidays.
Rishi Sunak’s Business Career
During his time at the university, he interned at Conservative Campaign Headquarters. During 2001 to 2004, he worked for Goldman Sachs as an analyst. In September 2006, he joined The Children’s Investment Fund Management (TCI) as a partner. In 2009, he joined Theleme Partners, another hedge fund. In addition, he served as the director of Catamaran Ventures, owned by his father-in-law and businessman N. R. Narayana Murthy.
Rishi Sunak’s Political Career
In 2014, he won Richmond (Yorks), the seat formerly held by William Hague. The Conservative Party has held the seat for more than 100 years. He led the Black and Minority Ethnic (BME) Research Unit at Policy Exchange and co-wrote a report on BME communities in the UK that year.
He was elected as an MP from Richmond (Yorks) in the 2015 General Election. The Select Committee on Environment, Food and Rural Affairs appointed him to the position from 2015 to 2017.
The EU referendum in 2016 was supported by him. He also wrote a report for the Centre for Policy Studies supporting the establishment of free ports after Brexit, and the following year wrote a report advocating for the creation of a retail bond market for SMEs.
In July 2019, Sunak was appointed Chief Secretary to the Treasury by Prime Minister Boris Johnson and served under Chancellor Sajid Javid. On 25 July 2019, he was appointed to the Privy Council.
Sunak became Chancellor of the Exchequer after a cabinet reshuffle in February 2020.
On 11 March 2020, Sunak presented his first budget amid the COVID-19 pandemic. Sunak announced the £30 billion of additional spending, of which £12 billion was allocated for mitigating the economic impact of COVID-19.
A salary subsidy scheme was announced for employees and businesses on 17 March 2020. Approximately 100,000 people were not eligible for the job retention scheme he announced three days later. It has been extended until 30 September 2021.
Rishi Sunak Wife
Rishi Sunak married Akshata Murthy in August 2009. There are two daughters in the family. She is the daughter of Indian billionaire N.R. Murthy, and she serves as director at Catamaran Ventures. In addition to running her own fashion label, she is one of the wealthiest women in the country.
Here are some facts about Rishi Sunak
- He is a British citizen of Indian descent married to Akshata Narayana Murthy, the daughter of Infosys co-founder NR Narayana Murthy. Sunak studied at Oxford and Stanford and worked for Goldman Sachs and other firms before entering politics.
- Rishi Sunak’s grandparents were from Punjab, an Indian state. During his college days in California, he met Akshata Murty. Two daughters are also born to the couple.
- Following his election as a Member of Parliament in 2015, he steadily rose to become the UK Chancellor in February 2020.
- During the Coronavirus pandemic, 42-year-old Sunak gained immense popularity after introducing a huge package worth tens of billions of pounds to help businesses and employees.
- Aside from earning the nickname Dishy Rishi, he also found himself in a perilous position because of his wife’s non-dom tax status and his US green card, as well as the perception that he was too reluctant to address Britain’s cost of living.
Rishi Sunak Mobile Number
You can Contact with Rishi Sunak on this Number – 01609 765330
FAQ Rishi Sunak
What is the Net worth of Rishi Sunak ?
Where is Rishi Sunak from originally ?
Rishi Sunak is Originally Southampton, Hampshire, England
What is the Rishi Sunak height ?
Rishi Sunak Height is 1.7 m.
Rishi Sunak Mobile Number?
Who is the wife of Rishi sunak?
Who is the father in law of Rishi Sunak?
Indian Billionaire N.R. Narayana Murthy Is The Father In Law Of Rishi Sunak.