A notification has been released for the class 6th selection test for 2022-23 by the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti. Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti students sit for the centerboard examination of schooled education.
Currently, there are 27 states and eight union territories where the Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti operates. Education is free. Additional to this, students have to pay 600 INR per month for boarding, lodging, uniforms, and textbooks (Classes IX to XII).
Fees are waived for SC/ST/BPL students and women. In addition, Vikas Nidhi will be charged 1500 INR. Currently, 661 Vidyalayas are located throughout India. Students can be admitted to class 6th through a selection test for a maximum of eight students.
|Last Date to Apply||30-11-2021|
|Apply Online||Click Here|
|Print Registration||Click Here|
|Forgot Registration Number||Click Here|
|Download Prospectus||Click Here|
|Download Admit Card||Click Here|
The following dates are important
- Applications must be submitted by 30th November 2021
- The test will be held on April 30th, 2022 to 11:15 a.m.
- You can download the admit card from the online website soon.
- The results are expected in June 2022.
Candidates must be born before 01-05-2009 and after 30-04-2013 (including both dates)
Fees for applications
There is no fee to apply.
Criteria for eligibility
- Candidates from the districts where JNV is located are eligible for admission.
- In 2021-22, these candidates must be in Class V.
- Candidates who have already passed Class V are not eligible for admission
- Candidates who have not been promoted to Class V before 15th September 2021 are not eligible for admission
- A candidate cannot sit for the exam a second time
- A rural candidate must have studied in a government-aided school and must show proof of rural status.
- A candidate who has spent even one day in a school in an urban area will be considered an urban candidate
The admissions process for Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya
- Students who are interested can fill out the form on the website: www.navodaya.gov.in.
- Students must fill out the online form and upload their photographs and signatures
- Applications may also be submitted at the JNV help desk
- On the official website, you can download the test admit cards before the test.
- There will also be a link to the results.
- In addition to the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya, the District Magistrate, the District Education Officer, and the Deputy Commissioner will display the Candidate marks are not displayed on the website, however selected candidates’ names will be listed website.
- After the results are declared, the documents will be verified.
- After selection, documents must be submitted
The following documents must be submitted after selection:
- Proof of date of birth
- or proof of eligibility
- Required for candidates under the rural quota
- Residence certificate in specified areas
- Other documents
Three sections will make up the selection test. Detailed information is provided below:
- Mental ability – 40 Questions-50 Marks- 60 Minutes
- Language test – 20 Questions-25 Marks-30 Minutes
- Arithmetic Test – 20 Questions-25 Marks-30 Minutes
Children with special needs will have an extra 40 minutes to complete the test.
Languages such as Hindi, English, Urdu, Punjabi, Tamil, Bengali, and others will be included in the test, depending on the state.
The selection will be based on the scores secured by candidates in the examination, which will carry 100 marks. The duration of the test will be 1 hour, the questions will be based on the objective type, and there will be three sections. The questions would include mental ability, arithmetic, and language tests.