Jammu University Entrance Test JUET 2023 is an entrance test conducted annually by the university to grant admission to Post Graduate Degree Programs (PGDP), Post Graduate Diploma Programs (PGDP), and Undergraduate Programs.
There are 150 objective-type questions in the JUET test paper, asked in four sections – English, General Knowledge, Reasoning, and Numerical Ability. The test lasts for 2 hours and 30 minutes (150 minutes).
There are 40 questions in the first three sections, and 30 questions in Numerical section on numerical ability, each carrying a mark for a correct answer and a negative mark for a wrong answer according to the Negative Marking Scheme. Click here to see JUET 2023 Syllabus and Exam Pattern.
Table of Contents
JUET 2023 Exam Highlights
|Conducting Body||Jammu University|
|Mode of JUET||Offline Pen-Paper Based Test|
|Medium of JUET||English|
|Duration of JUET||2 hours and 30 minutes|
|Type and Number of Questions||Objective Type 150 Questions|
|Course Offered||PG, PGD, and UG|
JUET 2023 PG Admission Dates
|JUET Notification for Online Admission||September 9, 2021|
|Starting of Filling Online Applications||September 10, 2021|
|Last Date to Apply(without late fee)||September 22, 2021|
|Last Date to Apply(with late fee of Rs 130)||September 24, 2021|
|JUET Exam Date||Canceled|
JUET 2023 UG Admission Dates
|JUET 2021 Release of 1st Merit List (Open Category)||October 18, 2021|
|JUET 2021 Release of 2nd Merit List (Open Category)||October 21, 2021|
|JUET 2021 Release of 3rd Merit List (Open Category) & 1st Merit List (Reserved Category)||October 25, 2021|
|JUET 2021 Release of 2nd Merit List (Reserved Category)||October 27, 2021|
|JUET 2021 Release of Subsequent Merit Lists ||November 5, 2021|
|JUET 2021 Release of Subsequent Merit Lists||November 8, 2021|
JUET 2023 Eligibility
Jammu University offers a wide range of programs of study and eligibility depends on the program of study. The details of eligibility program-wise can be retrieved from the official JUET website i.e. www.juet.in. Eligibility in brief is as follows.
- Under Graduate Program:
For ST / SC candidates, minimum qualifying marks range between 40% and 45% (depending on program) A candidate must pass 10+2 with a minimum qualifying mark of 45% to 50% (depending on program).
- Post Graduate Program
- Minimum qualifying marks for SC / ST candidates are from 45% to 50% (depending on the program applied for).
- Candidates who have passed the Graduation Degree Program with minimum qualifying marks of 50% to 55% are eligible to apply.
- Post Graduate Diploma Program
- Post Graduate Program
- Students must have graduated from a degree program with a minimum qualifying mark of 45%-55% (depending on the program of study).
- Students who belong to an SC / ST community will need to have a minimum qualifying mark of 40%- 50% (depending on the program of study).
- No Age Limit is applied for JUET 2023
JUET 2023 Application Form
The application form for JUET 2023 is available only online. To apply online for JUET, follow these simple steps starting with registering on the university’s website at https://www.juet.in. A soft copy of the applicant’s passport-size photograph and signature is required before filling out the application form (size of above 100kb and at least 2kb in jpg format).
A general category applicant will have to pay INR 850/- while an SC / ST applicant will have to pay INR 730/-. For self-financing admission seats, applicants will have to pay INR 600/-.
JUET 2020 applications will be treated as provisional until they are reconciled with the bank. The reconciliation process may take 3–4 days. You are advised to monitor the status of your application on www.juet.in if you have deposited the application fee offline via bank challan. You should immediately contact Jammu University if the status of your application does not change within a week of submitting your application fee via the offline method.
Steps for online submission of the JUET 2023 exam application form are as follows:
- Visit Admission Portal
- Get Registration by filling required information like: Name, Email Address, Mobile Number, Make Password, State and City etc
- Click on Register Button
- Message will be on screen : Your Account Creation was Successful
- Open your Email Account
- Open email from Jammu University
- Click on Verification Link
- Go Back to the Portal
- Login with Registered Email Address and Password
- Select Course applying for
- Click on Application Form for JUET 2023
- Application Form will Open here in different sections
- Fill Information Section-wise
- Fill Personal Details, Parent’s Details, Address Details, Academic Details
- Upload files for Self Photograph, Signature
- Submit and take a review
- Proceed to payment section
- Make payment with either Net Banking or Debit Card or Credit Card as per the suitability
- Process completes here
Offline Mode: JUET 2023 Application Process
- After Application form submission a Payment Challan is generated.
- If applicant wants to pay offline, he should take print of the Payment Challan. Basic information about the applicant will already be printed on payment challan.
- This payment challan is to be taken to J&K Bank
- Deposit Fee and keep hard copy of fee challan issued by the bank, as this will be in use during future references.
JUET 2023 Admit Card
JUET 2023 admit cards are now available on the official website. The JUET 2023 admit card will not be sent via any other channel; it has to be downloaded from the portal regardless of the mode of payment of the application fee.
How to Download Admit Card:
- Go to above given Portal: www.juet.in
- Look for Applicant Login
- Click on it
- A new web page will open showing a form for downloading JUET 2023 Admit Card
- Select Options from drop down menu and select one from: By Registration No. & Password OR By Registration No. and Date of Birth
- Feed information
- Enter code shown in below given image
- Click on Login button
- Admit Card will on screen
- Download Admit Card
- Save it and Take 2 – 3 Prints
An admit card issued for JUET 2023 will be a requirement to carry in the examination hall, without which entry into the examination hall and attempt at the JUET 2020 exam will not be permitted.
A JUET admits card will contain information about the candidate and exam, including JUET Roll Number, Name of Candidate, Address, Date of Birth, Name of Examination, Address of Examination Center, Photograph and Signature of Candidate, etc. One photo ID must be kept with the Admit Card for verification.
JUET 2023 Exam Center
The JUET 2023 exam will be held at 11 test centers, 9 of which will be in Jammu & Kashmir State itself, and 2 other test centers will be outside the State, as follows:
JUET 2023 Exam Pattern
The JUET 2023 entrance exam is a pen-and-paper exam. The duration of JUET will be 2.30 hours and there will be 150 questions divided into 4 sections. During the JUET exam, each question carries a maximum of 150 points; 1 point is awarded for the Correct Answer and (-) 0.25 for the Wrong Answer. JUET 2023 exam highlights are as follows:
Exam pattern highlights table
|Mode of JUET||Offline Pen-Paper Based Test|
|Number of Questions||Total 150 questions|
|Maximum Marks||150 (1 mark for each question)|
|Duration of JUET||2.30 hours|
|Sections in Paper||4 (General English; GK; Reasoning; & Numerical Ability)|
|Medium of JUET||English language|
|Marking Scheme||1 mark for each Right Answer|
|Negative Marking||(-) 0.25 for each Wrong Answer|
JUET 2023 Syllabus
This year’s syllabus for JUET 2023 consists of 4 sections with weights based on marks. Equal marks are allotted to each question. Depending on the status of the candidates, the syllabus will vary in content.
A candidate’s status is classified as either UG or PG, and the syllabus is divided according to his or her level. For UG Program candidates, the standard will as the standard of Class 10th & 12th, and for PG Program candidates, the syllabus standard will be according to Graduation Level. The Standard of the Numerical Ability Section will be the same for UG and PG.
Syllabus for JUET 2023 entrance exam as is as displayed by Jammu University as follows:
A pattern of Questions Paper and Standard of Questions in JUET
Basic components for Syllabus of JUET 2023 for UG & PG programs:
|Sections||Max. Questions & (Marks)||PG Program||UG Program|
|General English||40 Questions (40)||Graduation Standard||Class 12th Standard|
|General Knowledge||40 Questions (40)||Graduation Standard||Class 12th Standard|
|Reasoning||40 Questions (40)||Graduation Standard||Class 12th Standard|
|Numerical Ability||30 Questions (30)||Class 10th Standard||Class 10th Standard|
Contents of Topics Section-wise
Section A: General English- (40 Questions)
To evaluate the skill of the candidate on written English with questions on errors in usage, grammar, punctuation, and the like.
- Comprehension of passage
- Verbal Reasoning, Syllogisms, Antonyms, Fill in the Blanks, Jumbled paragraphs with 4 or 5 sentences
- Sentence Correction, Sentence completion, Sentence Correction, odd man out, idioms, one word substitution, Different usage of same word etc.
Section B: General Knowledge (40 Questions)
To evaluate the candidate’s skill in General knowledge, current affairs, and Business Affairs
- Current Affairs, Business, Punch line of companies, Top officials of big companies, Major corporate events
- Famous award and prizes
- Science, History, Geography, International organizations
- Social issues, Sports, Finance, Automobiles, Entertainment, Politics etc.
Section C: Reasoning (40 Questions)
To evaluate the candidate’s skill in Logical reasoning
- Critical reasoning, Visual reasoning, Assumption – Premise – Conclusion, Assertion and reasons, Statements and assumptions, identifying valid inferences, identifying Strong arguments and Weak arguments, Statements and Conclusions, Cause and Effect, Identifying Probably true, Probably false, definitely true, definitely false kind of statement, Linear arrangements, Matrix arrangements.
- Puzzles, Syllogisms, Functions, Family tree – identifying relationship among group of people, Symbol Based problems, Coding and decoding, Sequencing, identifying next number in series, etc.
Section D: Numerical Ability (30 Questions)
To evaluate the skill on solving mathematical problems of graduate-level including those learned in plus two or equivalent level.
- Ratios and Proportion, Ratios, Percentages, In – equations, Algebra and Profit & Loss
- Averages, Percentages, Partnership & Time – Speed – Distance, Work and time
- Probability, Permutations & Combinations.
JUET 2023 Result
JUET Results 2023 will be announced in the form of Merit Lists. JUET 2023 Result will not be sent to any candidate directly or in any other way.
Candidates can download the results from the official website of Jammu University.
How to Download Score Card?
- Visit the official website of Jammu University
- Go to Applicant Login Section
- Click on Result for JUET
- A form will open
- Fill required information: Registration No. and Date of Birth / Password
- Click on Submit
- Result will be on screen
- Download it and Print it
JUET 2023 Counselling
The counseling process starts with the declaration of Results for JUET 2023. The A-Rank list is disclosed on Jammu University’s website and the Date & Time are also mentioned for counseling Rank-wise.
Candidate needs to download Counselling Call Letter from www.juet.in, fill it, take a print and submit.
The candidate must carry the below-mentioned documents during the counseling process:
- All Academic Records in original form Class 10th and 12th (for UG candidate)
- Class 10th, 12th and Graduation Certificate / Degree / Mark Sheet (for PG & PGD candidate)
- Photo ID Proof showing Candidate’s Photo, Address, Date of Birth and Father’s or Mother’s Name or both
- Score Card of JUET 2020 downloaded from www.juet.in
- Admit Card for JUET 2020 Exam
- Counselling Call Letter
- 5 Self Photographs
- JUET application Fee Challan
- Proof of Category issued by competent authority as per instructions
- 2 photocopies sets of all documents mentioned above, photocopies should be self attested
JUET 2023 FAQs
Ques. What is the marking scheme for JUET 2023?
Ans. In Juet 2020, 1 mark will be awarded for each correct answer, and for the wrong answer, 0.25 marks will be deducted.
Ques. What are the documents required at the time of Counselling?
Ans. For Counselling following documents are required: 10th, 12th, and graduation certificates, ID proof, Scorecard of JUET 2020, Admit card of JUET 2020, Call letter, 5 photographs.
Ques. Can I get the scorecard at my address?
Ans. No, the scorecard has to be downloaded by the candidates themselves from the official website of JUET 2020.No hardcopies will be provided for the same.
Ques. How many sections are there in JUET 2023?
Ans. JUET 2020 comprises 4 sections: General English, General Knowledge, Reasoning, and Numerical Ability.
Ques. How many questions are asked in JUET 2023 and what is the time allotted for the same?
Ans. There are total 150 objective-based questions in JUET 2020. The time allotted to attempt them is 2.5 hrs.