The IGNOU Scholarship 2022 is a programme that the university made to help students who are doing full-time research and are enrolled in M.Phil. or Ph.D. programs.
You must have a question about the scholarship programme in your mind. IGNOU is an open university, thus does it offer scholarships? The answer to this question is, of course, yes. IGNOU University offers scholarships to students from underrepresented groups. For the duration of this post, you may gather thorough information regarding the IGNOU Scholarship 2022. Furthermore, by reading this post, you will be able to find answers to all of your questions regarding eligibility conditions, the application process, essential dates, papers required to be submitted, and much more.
Current update: Hello students The Indira Gandhi National Open University has released the scholarship application form for 2022 for full-time M.Phil. or Ph.D. candidates. A form must be submitted by October 22, 2022.
- 1 Scholarships for IGNOU 2022
- 2 IGNOU Scholarship Application and Closing Date:
- 3 Eligibility Requirements
- 4 IGNOU Scholarship Application: Key Information
- 5 Leave Provision
- 6 IGNOU Scholarship 2022 Application Form Online
- 7 Selection Panel:
- 8 Questions and Answers (FAQs)
- 9 Conclusion
Scholarships for IGNOU 2022
Some students come from modest origins and are unable to pay the tuition for Ph.D. level courses. The Indira Gandhi National Open University gives these students money through the IGNOU Scholarship Scheme.
The Indra Gandhi National Open University’s main objective is to give young people the chance to apply for the Research Fellow Scholarship. The students are not, however, offered any further medical benefits or other compensation.
IGNOU Scholarship Application and Closing Date:
The deadline for applications should be noted by applicants who want to apply offline. The scholarship application form must be filled out and sent by courier by the last week of October.
The Indra Gandhi National Open University, which is one of the largest universities in India, lets students apply for scholarships for M.Phil. and Ph.D. courses.
The Indira Gandhi National Open University is run by the Central Government of India. Its headquarters are in New Delhi.
Contact the New Delhi Headquarter right away if you have any questions about IGNOU scholarships and your local study centre is unable to provide you with an appropriate response. They’ll do everything they can to assist you.
- If you are enrolled full-time in M.Phil. and Ph.D. level courses, the university will offer scholarships.
- Only those enrolled as full-time researchers and scholars at IGNOU are eligible to apply.
Age Limit Information
The Research Scholarship Program has several age restrictions, according to Indira Gandhi National University.
- For the Ph.D. and M.Phil. Level Courses Scholarship, the applicant cannot be older than 35.
Our personal recommendation is to not submit a scholarship application if you are over 35. The authority department will reject your application. Therefore, if you are 35 years old, don’t waste your opportunity to apply for a scholarship.
IGNOU Scholarship Application: Key Information
Receiving a scholarship is a simple process. Some rules must be followed by the pupil. Only a small number of applicants will be chosen for scholarships, and the recipients will receive the money.
- Students who have been selected for M.Phil. receive a monthly basic scholarship of Rs 5,000.
- Students who have been chosen for a Ph.D. scholarship receive a monthly scholarship payment of 8,000 Rs.
The entire scholarship amount is awarded during the IGNOU-RF award period. This is not true; on top of their basic stipend, students also get a Rs. 8000 emergency fund every year.
- During a normal calendar year, candidates for the IGNOU Research Fellowship are given 30 days off.
- A student also receives all the special and public holidays. These 30 days of leave are in addition to those.
Women’s scholars have an additional advantage thanks to the Indra Gandhi National Open University. At one time during the term of their award, women scholars have the option to apply for maternity leave in accordance with UGC standards and pay the full fee of their IGNOU Scholarship. In this sense, IGNOU fully supports and is quite supportive of its female students.
IGNOU Scholarship 2022 Application Form Online
The Indira Gandhi National Open University is a very student-friendly institution that designed all of its procedures with their convenience in mind. The IGNOU Scholarship Application Form submission process is simple. The steps are as follows:
- The IGNOU Scholarship Form can be found on the university’s official website, www.ignou.ac.in. To get to the form, candidates must go to www.ignou.ac.in.
- The candidates should next complete the application form and mail it with the necessary documentation to the address listed below.
Director, CAB Building, Maidan Garhi, New Delhi, research division. 110068 is the pincode.
- The IGNOU Research Fellowship, which makes this choice annually, has the last say in whether to accept or reject a candidate.
- The admissions cycle is where this procedure begins and ends for research degree programmes.
- All of the children of University Group B and C employees who are currently enrolled in full-time Ph.D. programmes through one of the two main fellowships for men or women are set aside.
- If there are no applicants in the reserved category, the research fellowship will be open, and the selection committee will make the final choice after taking into account all relevant factors.
- If a student wants the research fellowship and has been recommended for it, they must submit an affidavit in the way that the university requires.
- The affidavit should say that they will tell the Research Unit right away to end their IGNOU Research Fellowship if they get paid work or any other kind of fellowship.
The selection committee, which is the primary body responsible for choosing or rejecting applications, is a component of the research fellowship. The following individuals make up the selecting committee:
- The Chairman of the Research Unit’s Director
- Co-ordinator of the research programme (Social Sciences domain).
- Co-ordinator of Research Programs in Science and Technology
- Officer of Research Unit-Convener (in charge of fellowship issues).
Questions and Answers (FAQs)
Can I Get a Scholarship At IGNOU?
Yes, If you enrolled in M.Phil. and Ph.D. level courses then yes.
What Is The Age Limit For IGNOU Re-Search Scholarship?
The student should be under 35 years of age.
How Do I Apply for an IGNOU Scholarship?
Visit the official website to download the scholarship application form. Fill it out, and then submit it to the IGNOU study centre that is closest to you.
When a candidate applies for a scholarship, a committee is created with the specific purpose of meeting to thoroughly screen and review the application. The IGNOU Scholarship Application Form is sent to the Vice-Chancellor for approval after being carefully reviewed by the committee.