Especially, users can access Virtual ID generation, Virtual ID reclamation, Aadhaar lock service, Aadhaar unlock service, etc as well through this point.
The issuing body of the Aadhaar card, the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI), frequently launches services for the citizens of India to have better access to the Aadhaar card and their services.
The Aadhaar card was originally introduced as an identification document but over time it has come an integral part of all deals that take place-governmental and non-governmental work.
Indeed though the Aadhaar card is accessible everyplace through the internet, there are still numerous places in India that don’t have access to the service. There are many places that still don’t have a 4G connection but the UIDAI has come up with a result.
Now, an existent can access their Aadhaar card in areas without internet by just transferring an SMS. The stylish part is that the user does not need to have a smartphone for this. Especially, users can access Virtual ID generation, Virtual ID reclamation, Aadhaar cinch service, Aadhaar unlock service, etc as well through this point.
The user only needs to send an SMS from their registered mobile number to the helpline number 1947.
Read More-: PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana: 10th installment
Here’s how you can generate a bunch of services through SMS:
– Go to your text message application on your phone and type GVID (SPACE) and the last four digits of the Aadhaar number and send it to 1947
– To get the virtual ID, type RVID (SPACE) along with the last four digits of the Aadhaar number.
How to generate OTP:
– You can either generate the OTP through Aadhaar number or through VID
– Get OTP through Aadhaar: Type GETOTP (space) and enter the last four digits of the respective Aadhaar number
– Get OTP through VID: Type GETOTP (space) and enter the last 6 digits of your official virtual ID in the message box and send it to 1947.
Here’s how you can Lock & Unlock Aadhaar through SMS:
If you’re doing it via Aadhaar card:
– Type GETOTP (SPACE) Aadhaar number’s last 4 digits and send it to the hotline number
– Second SMS: Type ENABLEBIOLOCK (SPACE) Aadhaar number’s last 4 digits (SPACE) the 6-digit OTP that you will receive.
If you are doing it via VID:
– Type GETOTP (SPACE) the last 6 digits of your VID are needed and send it to the hotline number
– Second SMS: Type ENABLEBIOLOCK (SPACE) the last 6 digits of your VID (SPACE) the 6-digit OTP
The same procedure is applied for unlocking the Aadhaar card.