ABOUT JAMMU UNIVERSITY ENTRANCE TEST (JUET-2019):
ADMISSION TO THE VARIOUS PROGRAMMES OF THE UNIVERSITY OF JAMMU, MAIN CAMPUS/ OFFSITE CAMPUSES AND AFFILIATED COLLEGES FOR THE ACADEMIC SESSION 2019-20 SHALL BE MADE ON THE BASIS OF ACADEMIC MERIT AND JAMMU UNIVERSITY ENTRANCE TEST (JUET).
- The Entrance Test (JUET) shall be held for admission in the following subjects:
- Post Graduate (PG) PROGRAMMES: Biochemistry (Self-Financing), Biotechnology (NRI/Self-Financing), Botany, Buddhist Studies, Chemistry, Commerce (M.Com), Computer Science & IT (MCA), Dogri, Economics, Education, Electronics, English, Environmental Sciences, Geography, Applied Geology, Hindi, History, Home Science (Human Dev.), Human Genetics (Self-Financing), Information Technology (M.Sc IT), Kashmiri, Law (LL.B-3 Year Professional), M.Ed., B.Lib.I.Sc., M.Lib.I.Sc, B.P.Ed, M.P.Ed, Mathematics, Microbiology (Self-Financing), Physics, Political Science, Psychology, Punjabi, Remote Sensing & GIS (Self-Financing), Rural Development, Sanskrit, Sericulture, Sociology, Statistics, Urdu, Zoology.
- Post Graduate (PG) DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES: PG Diploma in Business Management (PGDBM), PG Diploma in Computer Applications (PGDCA), PG Diploma in Human Rights & Duties Education, PG Diploma in Bioinformatics, PG Diploma in Composite Culture Management.
- Under Graduate (UG) PROGRAMMES: B.Com. Honours (Bhaderwah Campus Only), B.B.A. (Hotel Management), Law (B.A.LLB - 5 years).
- There shall be two set of question papers, one set for PG and the other set for UG courses comprising 150 objective type questions of one mark each and the duration for the entrance test shall be 2 ½ hours. The contents of the paper and weightage shall be:
- General English : 40 questions
- Gen. Knowledge : 40 questions
- Reasoning : 40 questions
- Numerical Ability : 30 questions
- For every wrong answer there shall be negative marking of 0.25 marks. The following weightage shall be given to the candidates:
- Academic Merit of the qualifying examination : 75%
- Entrance Test : 25%
- There shall be two question papers for JUET, one for the candidates appearing after 12th class and other for the candidates appearing after graduation. The level of numerical ability shall be of 10th standard only for both the question papers. The level of test for other components shall be of 12th standard in case of candidates appearing after 12th class and graduation standard for the candidates appearing after graduation.
- Centres for Examinations: JUET shall be conducted at the following Centres:
1) Jammu, 2) Kathua, 3) Udhampur, 4) Kishtwar, 5) Bhaderwah, 6) Rajouri, 7) Poonch, 8) Srinagar, 9) Leh, 10) Delhi
NOTE: THE EXAMINATION CENTRE ONCE OPTED BY THE CANDIDATE SHALL NOT BE CHANGED AT THE LATER STAGE.
- Fee for the Jammu University Entrance Test (JUET) to be charged from each candidate is Rs.850/- for all categories except for SC/ST Category where the fee is Rs. 730/-.
The candidate desirous to be considered under the self financing seat has to pay an additional fee of Rs.730/- which has to be paid at the time of the filling up of the Admission Form after the declaration of the JUET result.
Mode of Payment: Through Jammu & Kashmir Bank Challan/ E Banking (Credit / Debit Card).
NOTE: The University shall provide amanuensis to the VISUALLY IMPAIRED applicants. However, the request in this regard has to be made to the Dean Academic Affairs, atleast two weeks prior to the conduct of JUET and the amanuensis should have a lesser qualification than the candidate.
- Publication of Answer Key: The University shall publish the Answer Key pertaining to the JUET on the Website www.juet.in Candidate/s having any doubt with respect to Answer Key/ Questions of the JUET can submit lodge/register his/her complaint only through online mode on the website www.juet.in with supporting documents / evidence as per schedule given at Annexure II - Important Dates.
- Declaration of Result: The result of JUET shall be declared after the approval of the Result Publishing Committee i.e Core Committee of JUET. If the need arises, the Result Publishing Committee can moderate the result.
- Admission after declaration of Result: The admission after the declaration of result will be strictly as per the Regulations Governing JUET and Statues Governing Admissions. The applicants who appeared in JUET shall have to apply online though our website https://juet.in. The detailed procedure for the same has been given in the website.